May (?) Features Update Incoming
A little over one month after the public demo release of Soul Survivor: Trials of the Goddess, a bunch of improvements and new content are in development!
I'm still hoping for a monthly update release, though May's is going to cut it close, so I might have to adjust that schedule.
In any event, I am still planning for the full game to launch late 2022, and there's a lot of exciting stuff on the road map to get there:
Feature: Randomized Gameplay
- Shuffle map layouts, enemy encounters, and item pickups at the beginning of the run
- A different experience each time you play the game (includes New Game+)
- Unlockable feature to play a specific "seed" value for practicing / optimizing runs
Quality Update: Battle Animations
- I'm working on a ton of improved battle animations that look better and fit the battle scene's art style more closely
- Many skills are receiving unique animations to add more visual variety to combat
Quality Update: Map Sprites
- Replaced some generic or mismatched map enemy sprites with more suitable assets
- Deciding which battles to fight should be a bit more fun!
Quality Update: Bug Fixes and Balance Improvements
- It's mostly minor tweaks and small fixes at this point, but as players keep finding bugs I will keep squashing them.
Content: Chapters 2 and 3
Chapter 2 is well underway from a design perspective, and it's sure looking to be even trickier and more exciting than Chapter 1. There are some new mechanics - and twists on existing gameplay - that you'll be sure to want to check out!
Thanks to everyone that's showed an interest, downloaded, commented, etc. and I hope to have another update for you all in a couple weeks.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.